Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Both of my children are asleep!!

I am not quite sure if the planets are aligned right or maybe I've been super nice lately and this is karma working for me but I stood completely still for about 2 minutes wondering what the heck to do... I decided to sit at the computer for a minute and eat a Snickers bar (hey, I'm pregnant, what do you expect!) So, anyways, baby Spud is down for her afternoon nap and my older DD, Sport and I sit down on the couch to have a snack (okay, actually it's my lunch-at 4 pm). She's eating her Ritz crackers and cheese and decides to cuddle under a blanket-she's been a little under the weather so no big shock there. I'm watching TV, eating my lunch, chilling out... I get up to throw the garbage away and she's out cold, clutching her Ritz crackers in one hand. Too cute! As she is not night time potty-trained yet I did run upstairs and grab a towel to slide under her, just to be careful. This is heavenly! It's so nice and quiet and peaceful in my house (oops, I've gotta go knock on wood now, I've jinxed myself!) Oh, and just for an FYI, Sport gave up her naps about 3 months ago, and boy have I missed them! She still gets crabby in the afternoons sometimes but by the time I can actually get her to stay in her room long enough to fall asleep it's almost dinner time, so why bother?

Well, this is going to be a short post, I need to go clean up all the toys in the foyer before DH comes home. There is nothing worse than walking in the front door and being confronted with a HUGE mess right in your way. He's sweet enough not to say anything about it but I know it bugs him (it would bug me that's for sure) so I try to handle things like that before it becomes an issue.

-Beth

No comments: