Monday, September 11, 2006

Sick kids strike again. My kids have never had back to back illnesses like this... it's horrible. I feel so drained from dealing with all this. I will spare you the completely gross details but I issue a quick warning. If you are easily grossed out skip the rest of this paragraph. My 3.5 year old has a stomach bug... she's never had once since she's been potty-trained and does not grasp the concept of running to the potty if you think you need to fart. Therefore let's just say I've had to change her clothes about 5 times over the weekend and had to completely clean her chair at the kitchen table, the floor, and the toilet last night. YUCK! Can you say "liqui-shit"?? What a complete mess. Oh, and the baby had it first so her poor little butt is just raw. I've been slathering on the butt cream on both of them. I feel like all I've done for a week is clean up shit.

Okay, done with all the grossness, just had to vent for a minute about it. Oh, and of course I just feel so sorry for both my babies-they're so pitiful when they don't feel well. The part of me filled with mommy instinct does kind of enjoy the fact that my older DD will actually cuddle with me when she isn't feeling well. I know, that sounds kind of pathetic but hey, I enjoy cuddle time and if the only time I get it is when she's sick then I'll take advantage of it and hang out on the couch with her all day-housework be damned. Of course then my DH gets a little bent out of shape because quite frankly our house looks like thieves have broken into it and trashed it. Our living room is impossible to even walk through without stepping on toys or papers (that the baby decided didn't need to be in the trash can, btw.) Our bedroom is overflowing with laundry-both clean and dirty... the clean has been in baskets so long I will probably have to rewash it to bring it back to a normal unwrinkled state-UGH! I try to bite my tongue but really, it's been TWO WEEKS that I've been dealing with sick children, I'm pregnant, exhausted, and not feeling so damn great myself so maybe he could get off his damn computer and help. Whew! I do feel better just getting that out of my system.


Hey, if anyone out there watches Nanny 911 I swear they had my DH's clone on there the other night. The episode with the Morris family really hit home with me. I actually had to turn it off because I was getting upset for that poor woman-I know where she's coming from. Basically (for those of you who didn't see it) the husband works really long hours and when he does come home ignores his kids and wife and talks on his cell phone, uses his PDA or computer and continues to work the rest of the evening. He does nothing with his kids and acts like his wife should handle EVERYTHING because she is a SAHM. This dickhead stands outside in the yard yakking away about work on his cell while his 18 mos DD cries at the door for him-it's so heartbreaking. I feel like this a lot. My DH comes home and says he needs a break from working all day (which I do understand) but his 1/2 hour break turns into 2 hours on his laptop or attempting to watch something on TV while getting frustrated while our DDs make noise. Why he can't record it (like I do) and watch it after 9 p when they go to bed... anyhow, I feel very resentful and angry about the computer in particular. I've had dreams where I chuck the computer out the window or flip the circuit breaker off for the evening just to have some family time with him. I truly feel like he likes the computer more than us. It's sad.
Well, gotta run... baby is waking up. Thanks readers for letting me vent a minute.

Beth

No comments: